Candles are beautiful and add such a wonderful ambiance to a room.
Please remember that you are still using FIRE to create the wonderful scent and light that the candle gives.
The following Candle care tips are for everyone's safety, to prevent Fire and/or serious injury:
- Only burn your candles on a level, fire resistant surface. Soy candles do burn at a lower temperature, (than other wax forms) but the surface of the glass or tin, including the bottom will become hot as the candle burns so placing on a heat resistant flat coaster is recommended so as not to damage furniture.Always handle with care as both the wax and the glass or tin will be hot!
- Never burn a candle on, or near anything that can catch fire.
- Never light or burn your Kiozwi candles if the glass is cracked. Soy wax has a low melt point and liquifys when burning.
- Keep candles free of any foreign materials. This includes matches and wick trimmings. The surface of the candle should be dust free.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets
- While all our candles have a "wick tab" in the bottom that will stop the wick burning below a certain amount so the container does not shatter or break, please do not burn your candle if the wax level is below 1cm ( 10 mm ).
- When putting your candle out, never use the lid that came with the candle to put the flame out. Always use a candle snuffer or dip the wick into the wax to extinguish the flame. Kiozwi will be supplying "Wick Trimmers" and "Snuffers" in the near future.
- Always trim the candle wick to 5mm ( half a cm, 1/4 Inch ) before lighting. This means checking upon consecutive burns that the wick is trimmed and any dust or other foreign items are not blocking the wick.
- Soy wax candles develop a "memory" this means that upon first burn you should let a pool of melted wax develop right to the edge of the glass or tin container it is in. This prevents a "tunneling" effect where around the sides of the container there will still be a build up of a solid wax shell. Turn the candle frequently to avoid this build up on the sides.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always take care when extinguishing the flame of your candle .
- It is recommended to use a candle snuffer, which is a bell shaped instrument that will smother the flame to make it go out, or dip the wick into the wax to extinguish the flame.
- If you do have to blow out the flame be careful so as not to blow the hot wax out of the container or burner you are using and onto surrounding surfaces.